ILLICO® Minimally Invasive Surgery System (MIS)
MIS is a rapidly growing segment of the spine marketplace due to the potential benefits of decreased postoperative pain, shorter recovery time and reduced blood loss. Alphatec Spine is dedicated to creating products that help minimize pain and speed patient recovery. The ILLICO MIS System represents Alphatec Spine's minimally invasive surgical procudure posterior fixation solution for addressing disorders in the thoracic and lumbar spine via a minimally invasive surgical procedure.
The ILLICO MIS System features the minimally invasive access ILLICO retractor and the ILLICO MIS Posterior Fixation System.
Posterior Fixation System
The ILLICO MIS Posterior Fixation System is distinguished by a broad selection of screw/rod delivery instruments and implants designed to treat disorders in the thoracic and lumbar spine. This simple, straight-forward minimally invasive system is adaptable to multiple minimally invasive surgical techniques helping to ensure reliable and reproducible results. The ILLICO MIS Posterior Fixation System is specifically designed to deliver Zodiac cannulated polyaxial screws and pre-cut, pre-bent rods through the ILLICO Retractor.
Key features and Benefits
- Guidewire management instruments are design for precise surgeon control during pedicle targeting
- Instrument length and size optimized for ILLICO Retractor and minimal access exposures
- Rods in five millimeter increments reduce O.R. time and steps in the surgical process
- Friction-fit polyaxial Zodiac screw head is designed to maintain position for rod placement
- Rod capture screw feature grasps rod for set screw closure maneuver
- Zodiac high-top screws are offered to facilitate rod insertion/ reduction
ILLICO MIS Retractor
Posterior Thoracolumbar Access System
The ILLICO Posterior Lumbar Retractor is the foremost component of Alphatec Spine's ILLICO MIS System. Fully adjustable and easy to use, the ILLICO Retractor creates an exposure conducive to wide variety of minimally invasive surgical techniques.
Key Features & Benefits
- Independent blade retraction creates customized access
- Fifteen degrees of individual blade toeing allows for optimal exposure below the skin
- Ten different blade lengths accommodate varying patient anatomies
- Three attachment posts for the adapter arm are designed to minimize fluoroscopic obstruction
- Unobtrusive, slide on, illuminator light source facilitates excellent visualization
- Supplemental fifth blade is designed to prevent soft tissue creep
- Open lateral quadrant helps facilitate posterior interbody instrument maneuvers
Hook components are indicated for use at T7-L5. Sacral-iIliac screw indications are limited to the sacrum-iliac crest only. The Zodiac Polyaxial Spinal Fixation System, when used as a hook and sacral-iliac screw fixation system is intended for:
- Thoracic spine fractures
- Lumbar spine fractures
- idiopathic scoliosis
- neuromuscular scoliosis
- Spondylolisthesis - isthmic spondylolisthesis
- degenerative spondylolisthesis
- acute pars fracture
For a complete copy of the indications for use (IFU), surgical technique or further information on this product, CLICK HERE to reach customer service or feel free to contact your local sales representative.